Corexcel is excited to offer our newest online medical course, Comprehensive Medical Coding. This self-paced course allows you to study the content on your schedule and complete the course exercises and exams online. The readings contain key terms to help you learn the technical vocabulary, as well as tips and notes that reinforce understanding of difficult coding concepts. You will also find case examples and tables containing codes with associated coding guidelines. The course is divided into five parts:
- Coding Overview
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Systems
- Health Care Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level II National Coding System
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Coding System
- Insurance and Reimbursement Overview (Optional)
This ICD-10 Coding course is designed for individuals learning to code, as well as for healthcare professionals needing an update on current codes. You can find a detailed course outline here.
An eBook version of the textbook is contained within the online course. However, optional printed textbook and coding manual packages are available for your convenience. Access to the coding manuals for ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, HCPCS Level II, and CPT is required for most exercises and exams.
Medical Coding Course: $348
Additional Enrollment Options
The online medical coding class modules include:
- Overview of Coding
- Introduction to Coding
- Coding Conventions
- Coding Guidelines
- Hospital Inpatient Coding
- Outpatient and Physician Office Coding
- HCPCS Level II National Coding System
- Introduction to CPT Coding
- Evaluation and Management
- Surgery I-V
- Pathology and Laboratory
- Insurance and Reimbursement
Course features include:
- eBook with full content of 3-2-1 Code It! textbook
- ReadSpeaker reads text and key term pronunciations aloud
- Glossary and dictionary search
- Most recent HIPAA standards
- Latest CM, PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Level II code sets, conventions, and guidelines
- Case study videos with review questions
- Coding practice exercises
- Online flashcards to enhance learning
- Chapter review slides
ICD-10 Course Objectives
At the conclusion of the ICD-10 coding course participants will be able to:
- Identify coding systems used for reimbursement, and indicate the relationship between patient record documentation and accurate coding.
- Explain the organization of the Tabular List of Diseases, Index to Diseases, and Index to Procedures and Tabular List of Procedures.
- List and describe the official guidelines for coding and reporting for inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Assign HCPCS level II procedure and services codes for outpatient care.
- Interpret CPT section guidelines, coding notes, and modifiers.
- Assign CPT procedure and service codes for appropriate subsections and add modifiers, as appropriate.
Course Credit and Completion Time
Upon successful completion of the Comprehensive Medical Coding course students will receive a certificate of completion for 20.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 20.0 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor. To determine if your employer or school will accept AAPC-approved medical coding CEUs, submit the course objectives and accreditation information for approval before enrolling.
ICD-10 Coding Class Registration Options
An eBook version of the textbook is contained within the online course. However, an option that includes the printed textbook is available for students who prefer to study offline. Access to the coding manuals for ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, HCPCS Level II, and CPT is required in order to complete this course. If you do not have access to the coding manuals, AMA-published editions are available for purchase for your convenience.
Once you purchase a course option you will receive a receipt via email; a separate email will be sent with your login information. Login emails are generated during normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday) and take about 20 minutes to arrive. * Additional shipping charges apply for purchase options that include books. Charges are calculated after adding this item to the shopping cart. - Refund Policy
Online Medical Coding Registration Option 1
ICD-10 Coding Online Course (eBook Included) - $348
Online Medical Coding Registration Option 2
ICD-10 Coding Online Course & Textbook - $476.95
Need to Order Individual Books
To purchase individual coding manuals or the 3-2-1 Code It! textbook please visit our ICD-10 Book Order Form.